Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Break the Silence Run

Break the Silence
I personally admire the works of Gualandi Volunteer Service Programme, Inc (GVSP) for their big effort in supporting our deaf community and our sexually abused community (whether it be a child, a woman or even a man). If you guys are unaware of what is happening to our society now, 65-70% of deaf boys and girls are being molested and is still continues to rise according to studies conducted by the Philippine Deaf Resource Center.

I have been very athletic lately and recently went back to marathon runs (will share more about my runs on my next few posts). Unfortunately, as much as I would love to join Break the Silence Run, my work is in total conflict with the schedule; however, my heart and soul is in full support with this cause so I encourage you guys to join  forces and fight sexual abuse!

Break the Silence Run

Date: April 21, 2013 (4:00 AM)
Registration: Php 350.00 (inclusive of singlet and snacks)
Categories: 4K, 8K and 16K

A separate category for the special ones will also be conducted (wheelchair, blind and deaf). The special ones and the students will have a registration fee of Php 280.00 only.

Break the Silence Run is in partnership with JCI Metro Cebu Uptown, VSO Bahaginan-ICS, RUNNR,
Ayala Center Cebu and the Cebu City Government, RCTV, Everythingcebu.com For more information and
interested sponsors, contact GVSP through gualandivolunteers@yahoo.com or through the following numbers: +63917 701 4700, 0916 +63916 440 5480 or Telefax at 032 260 40 43

No comments: