Mr. Calum Chisholm, currently the acting country manager of Intel Philippines, presented each and every product during the launching.
Intel Core Processor Features Create New Visual Experience, LifestyleWith more than 1 million computers selling each day, Intel Corporation introduced its game-changing 2nd Generation Intel Core processor family today. Intel highlighted several surprising new features, services and partnerships that combine to deliver an entirely new visual experience with processor graphics built in. More than 500 desktop and laptop PC designs are expected from all major OEMs worldwide throughout the next year.
New features include Intel® Quick Sync Video, and a new version of the company’s award-winning Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), which now adds 1080p HD and content protection for those wishing to beam premium HD content from their laptop screen to their TV.
“The computing performance and capabilities of the new 2nd Generation Intel Core processors represent the biggest advance over previous generations,” said Navin Shenoy, vice president and APAC general manager, Intel. “The built-in visual capabilities enabled by these new processors are perfectly suited for Filipinos’ visual lifestyle, particularly in light of the market’s talent for producing video content that is shared worldwide through Youtube, Facebook and other sites. This new family of processors from Intel will revolutionize the PC experience in a way that is obvious for every user to see and appreciate visibly smarter performance.”
New Visual Experience for Today’s LifestylesThe 2nd Generation Intel Core processor family is the first “visibly smart” microarchitecture to combine visual and 3-D graphics technology with performance-leading microprocessors on a single chip. Incorporating the newly architected Intel HD Graphics on each 32nm die enables significant graphics performance improvements over previous-generation graphics for both HD media processing and mainstream gaming. The chips improve performance and yet still offer great battery life and the ability to design thinner, lighter and more innovative laptops and all-in-one PCs.
New processor graphics technology will focus on the areas where most people are computing today: high-definition (HD) video, photos, mainstream gaming, multi-tasking and online socializing and multimedia. Enhanced visual technologies such as next-generation Intel HD graphics are built into every 2nd Generation Intel Core processor. For consumers, this means a dramatically improved PC experience, with better overall power management, greater efficiency and great battery life.
Shenoy showed how consumers can now also use Intel WiDi 2.0 to beam content such as movies and videos to their big-screen HDTVs. Additional Intel WiDi 2.0 improvements include support for 1080p HD as well as protected content either streaming from the Internet or played locally from a Blu-ray or DVD player.
Another unique element of the visual experience built into the 2nd Generation Intel Core processor family is Intel Quick Sync Video. This built-in hardware acceleration takes the wait out of editing and sharing videos with astonishing performance that completes in minutes what used to take hours. Now faster than ever, consumers can edit, convert and share videos with friends and family. Intel estimated that a 4-minute HD video that used to take 4 minutes to convert to play on an iPod would now take just 16 seconds.
The power of the 2nd Generation Intel Core processors for immersive mainstream gaming was demonstrated with a teaser from Valve’s Portal 2, one of the most anticipated game releases of 2011. Shenoy did the demonstration with precision motion controllers from Razer using Sixense MotionTouch technology.
According to a recent poll by AC Nielsen and Yahoo! Philippines, images, photos and videos are in the top 5 most searched, downloaded and uploaded data on the Internet among Filipinos today. The country ranks 3rd in the world for most number of video uploads in youtube with 98% of online adults watching videos online.
“Because today’s Filipino creates content rather than just consumes it, the 2nd Generation Intel Core family of processors aims to fill an urgent need for visually stunning performance while keeping energy consumption at an all-time low” said Ricky Banaag, country manager, Intel Microelectronics Philippines Inc. “PC usage in the Philippines is evolving, and as Sponsors of Tomorrow, Intel provides the necessary technologies to give Filipinos the best visual experience on their PCs.”
Smart Performance, Energy Efficiency and Intelligence MergeThe Intel Core i5 and i7 processors also include the enhanced Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0. This feature automatically reallocates processor core and processor graphics resources to accelerate performance, giving users an immediate performance boost when and where it’s needed.
Other new chip features include Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), Intel InTru 3-D, and Intel Clear Video Technology HD. Intel InTru 3-D enables immersive stereoscopic 3-D to 3-D-capable HDTVs or monitors via HDMI 1.4, making movie excitement almost come out of the screen.
Intel AVX increases performance for such demanding visual applications as audio processing and professional video image editing such as stitching together multiple photographs. Intel Clear Video improves the visual quality and color fidelity during video playback for a spectacular screen experience.
To make it easy for users to find a 2nd Generation Intel® Core™-based system that is just right for their particular needs, Intel is also announcing a wide array of SKUs including Intel vPro-enabled processors.
The chips are made on Intel’s 32nm manufacturing process on the company’s second-generation high-k metal gate transistors. These unique advantages further boost performance; reduce power consumption for better battery life and smaller designs, and lower overall manufacturing costs.
Intel announced more than 20 processors, wireless adapters and chipsets, including new Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 processors, Intel 6 Series Chipsets, and Intel Centrino WiFi and WiMAX adapters. More than 500 laptop and desktop PC platform designs are expected from all major computer makers worldwide based on these products.
The quad-core-based systems (four processors inside one chip) with additional dual-core versions are also all currently available. Video, benchmarks, photos and more details are available at www.intel.com/newsroom/CES.
They have highlighted the following:
- Introduces much anticipated, game-changing 2nd Generation Intel Core processors. Adds a number of visually stunning features built right into the chips through processor graphics.
- Includes surprising and exciting new features such as, Intel Quick Sync Video, Intel HD Graphics and Intel Wireless Display 2.0.
- These processors offer amazing video technology. Intel Quick Sync can convert a four- minute HD video file on a laptop to play on an iPod in only 16 secondsii, or beaming it from a notebook to an HDTV using Intel WiDi 2.0.
- 20 new processors, new chipsets and new wireless chips including new Intel Core™ i7, i5 and i3 processors, Intel 6 Series Chipsets, and Intel Centrino WiFi and WiMAX adapters will power more than 500 new PC systems.
Below are some interesting fun facts of the 2nd Generation Intel Core processor family:
- Compared to previous generations, content creation is up to 42 percent faster and gaming up to 50 percent faster with 2nd generation Intel Core processors.
- There are close to one billion transistors inside a 2nd generation Intel Core processor. If a car were to have one billion parts – compared to the 30,000 they currently have – it would take the most productive car manufacturer 114 years to assemble this car.
- If a processor were a country and its transistor count was a country’s population, a 2nd generation Intel Core processor would be the third most popular country in the world (995 million+) just behind China and India.
- If you applied new Intel® Turbo Boost Technology to your daily activities, you could accomplish more in less time, giving you up to four hours back of your day, time that was previously spent waiting for your technology.
- A 2nd generation Intel Core processor contains more transistors (540 million) than the number of registered cars in the European Union , the U.S. and the Asia Pacific region combined.
- If every home in the U.S. had 30 light switches it would take the new chips about one nanosecond to turn on all 3.57 billion light switches in the housing units in the U.S.
- A 32nm transistor found in the new chips can switch on and off more than 300 billion times in one second. It would take you 4,000 years to flick a light switch on and off that many times.
Photos will be posted soon.
(Content above is not mine)