Be part of a worldwide event! Be one of the first to step onto the Grid and experience the cutting-edge, 3D world of Walt Disney Pictures' high-tech adventure TRON: Legacy.
Get a chance to win tickets to the special screening of more than 20 minutes of never before-seen 3D footage of TRON: Legacy at the IMAX Theater, SM North EDSA and SM City Cebu on October 28, 2010 (Thursday), 7:00pm.
How to join and win a ticket, click Tron Night Promo.
This will definitely thrill everyone out! I am so thankful that Cebu is one of the selected area where the 3D preview special screening for the heart-pounding movie, Tron: Legacy, will be shown.
Select IMAX 3D theaters nationwide and 3D & IMAX 3D theaters internationally will offer a special screening of thrilling, never-before-seen 3D footage. “It’s exciting to offer fans an early, exclusive 3D preview of ‘TRON: Legacy’ in the ultimate of formats. We can’t wait for audiences around the world to experience the visually stunning and cutting-edge world that director Joe Kosinski has created,” said Sean Bailey, President of Production, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment, is equally enthusiastic. “We are ecstatic that the Disney team and the ‘TRON: Legacy’ filmmakers elected to debut this amazing footage exclusively in our network of theaters,” said Foster. “This first-look in IMAX 3D is the most immersive way to bring audiences into the world of ‘TRON: Legacy’ and kick-off the countdown to the film’s highly-anticipated launch.”
This is going to be a very EXCITING event!!! I can't wait! I hope to see you at the TRON Night at IMAX 3D at SM Cebu.
TRON: LEGACY (In Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX 3D)
WALT DISNEY PICTURES
U.S. Release Date: December 17, 2010
Casts: Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxleitner, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen
Director: Joseph Kosinski
Producers: Sean Bailey, Jeffrey Silver, Steven Lisberger
Executive Producer: Donald Kushner
Written by: Eddy Kitsis & Adam Horowitz (credit not final)
Based on characters created by: Steven Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird
“TRON: Legacy” is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a rebellious 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Oscar and Golden Globe winner Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world’s leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the old Flynn’s Arcade—a signal that could only come from his father—he finds himself pulled into a digital world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe—a universe created by Kevin himself that has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape. Presented in Disney Digital 3D and scored by Grammy Award-winning electronic music duo Daft Punk, “TRON: Legacy” hits U.S. theaters on Dec. 17, 2010, in Disney Digital 3D and IMAX 3D.
- Producer Steven Lisberger co-wrote and directed the original “TRON” (1982).
- Jeff Bridges, winner of both the Oscar and Golden Globe for his role in “Crazy Heart,” reprises the role of Kevin Flynn, which he originated in “TRON” (1982).
- Bruce Boxleitner reprises the roles of Alan Bradley and Tron, which he originated in “TRON” (1982).
- Grammy Award-winning Daft Punk is composing the music for “TRON: Legacy.”
- “TRON: Legacy” forges a new frontier in film making with its avant-garde, cutting-edge technology—set to blow away today’s audiences. Among the film’s firsts: it is the first 3D movie to integrate a fully digital head and body based upon an existing actor, creating the younger version of Jeff Bridges’ character; it’s the first movie to make extensive use of self-illuminated costumes; it’s the first movie to create molded costumes using digital sculpture exclusively, creating molds directly from computer files using CNC (Computer Numerical Cutting) technology; it’s the first 3D movie shot with 35mm lenses and full-35mm chip cameras; and it’s the first movie to record uncompressed HD Video to Hard Drive.
- The world of “TRON: Legacy” has an exciting, pulsing vibe that sets its lifestyle apart from any other on or off the planet. From electric light suits to state-of-the-art hair and makeup, elements of the trend-setting world of “TRON: Legacy” are showing up on fashion runways, and companies such as Hurley, adidas, Oakley and Burton are featuring “TRON”-inspired lines targeted for the young male consumer in collaboration with Disney Consumer Products.
TRON: Legacy is a 3D high-tech adventure about a father and son (Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund) who embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.