After HobCon 2010, another Cosplay Event is about to sprout and reign! Let us witness another extraordinary Cosplay Event, CosZoom 2010, on October 30, 2010, 2pm- 5pm at the Kartzone, Mabolo Cebu City (F Cabahug, Ayala Access Road, Mabolo, Cebu City).
CosZoom 2010The objective of this event is to promote cosplaying in Cebu; to have fun and enjoy Halloween through cosplay; and to give back to the community by support iLearners.
Yes, this is indeed the Cosplayers drive for a Cause! This is their way of saying thank you to everyone who welcomed and appreciate their existence in our society!
Now, a cosplay event will never be complete without a COSPLAY COMPETITION! See below for the Mechanics, Rules and Procedures:
PRE-REGISTRATION AND ON SITE REGISTRATION
- This contest is open to cosplayer ages 15 and up. Participants could cosplay any character that they want from any Anime as long as its family friendly and not too sexy. Original / Fan Based Characters is not allowed and will be immediately disqualified.
- There will be a online pre-registration from October 15-24. PRE-Registration deadline is on October 25, 2010 11:59 PM. There is a registration fee of Php 200.00 per participant for those who have preregistered. There is also a on site registration, the registration fee will be Php 300.00 pesos for those who registered on site. (A percentage of the fee will serve as a donation for iLearners)
- Participants can download registration form here.
DURING THE CONTEST PROPER
- Call time of the contestants should be an hour before the show starts.
- Contestants will be given number tags that must be worn at the event venue at all times.
- Participants will be given a maximum of 2 minute each to act out the character on stage.
- Skit are advised to inform the organizers regarding their set-up (includes CD for the background music and backdrops) 1 hour before the show starts. Otherwise, the contestants will be provided with default background music.
- Contestants are only allowed to have a maximum of two (2) human props.
Criteria for Judging:Performance (30%)
Overall Impact (10%).
- The Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
Prizes: (To be announced)
2nd Runner Up
3rd Runner Up
Kartzone’s Favorite Cosplayer Award
*Prizes may be subject to change.
Kartzone’s Favorite Cosplayers Award Mechanics
- The Audiences, Kartzone Customers and Non Contestant Cosplayers are eligible to participate in the voting process.
- Every 50 pesos and up single receipt purchase, entitles the participant for a Voting Stub.
- On the voting stub, the participant must write down his/her name, contact number and Contest Cosplayer’s Number.
- There will be a corresponding drop box where the participant will drop their vote.
- There will be no limit on your votes, the more you purchase the more votes you can give to your favorite cosplayer.
- There will be a raffle draw for the participant on the Winner of the Kartzone Favorite Cosplayer (for example contestant number 3, won the award, there will be a raffle on the participants who voted contestant number 3).
- Voting Starts 2pm and Ends 7:30pm.
ILEARNER’S DONATE A BOOK DRIVE
- As our way of giving back to the community, Kartzone will be holding a book drive from October 1-30, 2010. Everyone can donate a children’s book at Kartzone in support of its beneficiary, iLearners Foundation. You may donate your books at the designated drop box located at Kartzone.
- Non-Contestant Cosplayers (or Cos-trippers) can also join the event by bringing books and/or school supplies. This will also serve as a raffle entry and an entrance to the event
- To make it more exciting and fun, there will also be a raffle for those who joined this drive and prizes shall be announced.
TRICK OR TREAT
- Open to all kids ages 5 to 15.
- No registration fee required, just bring school supplies or a book
- Trick or treating will starts simultaneously with the Cosplay Competition.
- There will be also a winner for the best in Costume.
See how interesting this is!!! So you better mark your calendar and never dare miss CosZoom 201!