Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

How to Open 2 Skype Accounts on One Computer?

I've been opening 2 Skype accounts on one computer for a long time now. When I'm at work or at home, I open both my personal and business account for communication purposes.
having 2 skype accounts in one computerI realized that most of my friends actually need this strategy so I want to share how I did it.

Opening 2 Skype Accounts on One Computer.

It's quite simple actually. I will make it in a bullet step-by-step process.
  • Install your Skype in your Computer
  • Once installed, find the file Skype.exe which is the executable file to open Skype. It is located in C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\
  • Send the file to your Desktop (Create Shortcut)
  • Richt click on the shortcut file and go to Properties
  • Update the target field and add '/secondary' at the last portion. The Target Field should now be: "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary
  • Then click OK.
You can now open 2 Skype accounts on one computer!!! I hope this helps. Do let me know if this works on your PC or not. Cheers!

No comments: